By default, the band steering featured is disabled. Follow these steps to enable it.
Note: Band Steering is called Dual-band Combination in the router web interface.
1. Please connect your computer or laptop to your Astro Fibre router using LAN cable. Your LAN cable must be connected from the yellow port of Astro Fibre router (Any available port).
2.Once connected, open any web browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and etc.
3. On the address bar, type http://192.168.100.254 and below page will appear.
Login using your username and password if you have changed the router login setting. Otherwise, your default router login is as per below.
4. Once you have successfully logged in, the router's web-based setup page will appear.
5. At the top of the page, click Wi-Fi to configure the WiFi parameters.
6. Click on Dual-band Combination button to enable the Band Steering.
7. A pop-up message will appear showing “The device network may be disconnected when dual-band combination is enabled.” Click "OK" to proceed.
8. Set the Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password based on customer’s preferences. Then click "Apply" for the changes to take place.
Please reconnect to the new Wi-Fi name with the new password once completed.